Department of International Relations and Regional Studies
Training direction: 6В031 - Social sciences
Group of educational programs: В040 - Political Science and Citizenship
Specialty: 6В03102 - Regional Studies
- For more than two decades, the training of specialists in the field of international relations has been conducted by experienced faculty members who have practical experience in the Diplomatic corps, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Kazakhstan, and international organizations.
- The head of the department - Kaliyeva Aliya, candidate of sociological sciences.
- Carries out active international cooperation with foreign diplomatic corps, various international and business organizations, partner universities.
- Organizes and conducts international conferences, seminars, round tables, role-playing game UN Model, guest lectures by leading experts, scientists in the field of world politics, Moscow Region
- Starting from the 3rd year, disciplines are taught in English.
- There is a 3-level education: bachelor, master.
Minors Training (obtaining additional competencies in related specialties):
- Geo-economic foundations of regionalization processes
- Strategy and features of geopolitical regionalization of the countries of the world
- Security issues in the geopolitical complex of Central Asia
- Regional dimensions of international relations
Bachelors of Regional Studies:
- Owns the skills of political analysis, preparation and holding of conferences, meetings, round tables in foreign languages
- Analyzes the patterns and trends of historical, social, political development of the countries of the region in the framework of global historical processes
- Demonstrates knowledge of the fundamentals of the diplomatic service, state protocol, the theory of negotiations
- Applies in practice the skills of the art of the negotiation process to carry out professional activities in the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Kazakhstan, in international and public organizations.
You will undergo production practice:
- Representation of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Almaty, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Kazakhstan, UNDP, UNESCO, at firms, enterprises, companies, akimats, research institutes, where they get acquainted with the specifics of future activities
You will undergo academic exchange at partner universities for exchange programs:
- South Korea, China.
- Czech Republic, Spain
You will work in:
- in companies, firms, representative offices of foreign countries
Remember: Subject Matter - Foreign Language + World History