Department of International Relations and Regional Studies
Training direction: 6В031 - Social sciences
Group of educational programs: В040 - Political Science and Citizenship
Specialty: 6В03101 - International Relations
- For more than two decades, the training of specialists in the field of international relations has been conducted by experienced faculty members who have practical experience in the Diplomatic corps, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Kazakhstan, and international organizations.
- The head of the department - Kaliyeva Aliya, candidate of sociological sciences.
- Carries out active international cooperation with foreign diplomatic corps, various international and business organizations, partner universities.
- Organizes and conducts international conferences, seminars, round tables, role-playing game UN Model, guest lectures by leading experts, scientists in the field of world politics, Moscow Region
- Starting from the 3rd year, disciplines are taught in English.
- There is a 3-level education: bachelor, master and PhD.
Minors Training (obtaining additional competencies in related specialties):
- “Crisis regions” of the world in the global geopolitical processes of our time
- Information policy of the Central Asian states in the system of international relations
- Contemporary challenges to international security
- International legal interaction in the context of geo-economic confrontation
Bachelor of International Relations:
- Conducts a critical analysis of world politics and international relations in the field of security, multivector foreign policy of the Republic of Kazakhstan;
- Owns the theory and practice of the diplomatic and consular services of the state, the international negotiation process, and the conduct of diplomatic documentation;
- Investigates geopolitical and geoeconomic risks and challenges, based on the factors that determine them.
You will undergo production practice:
- Representation of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Almaty, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Kazakhstan, UNDP, UNESCO, at firms, enterprises, companies, akimats, research institutes, where they get acquainted with the specifics of future activities
You will undergo academic exchange at partner universities for exchange programs:
- South Korea, China.
- Czech Republic, Spain
You will work in:
- in companies, firms, representative offices of foreign countries
Remember: Subject Matter - Foreign Language + World History