Field of study: 6В023 Languages and Literature
Group of educational programs: В036-Translation business
Specialty: 6B02302 Translation (Oriental languages: Arabic, Chinese, Korean)
- for 25 years in the training of specialists in Oriental languages, a huge contribution to its formation and development was made by an experienced teaching staff;
- the head of the department is candidate of philological sciences, associate professor Dzheldybayeva Raushan Bazikenkyzy, who stood at the origins of the founding of oriental languages at the University since 1998.
- the department includes 3 divisions: Arabic, Korean, Chinese organized centers, Korean studies, the Confucius Institute;
- implements active international cooperation with various foreign, diplomatic and business organizations;
- international conferences, seminars, round tables, international and republican Olympiads are held.
Training of Minors specialists:
- International translator
- Media communication specialist
- Specialist in the field of translation business communication and economics
- Cross-cultural communication specialist
Bachelors in translation:
- know how to use a foreign oriental language as a means of intercultural communication, know how to work in a foreign language environment;
- own speech and business etiquette, the ability to speak and write at a professionally sufficient level;
- have knowledge of the basics of translation (oral / written) of business documentation;
You will specialize in:
- referent translator,
- translation editor,
- intercultural communication specialist,
- translation project manager
- translator in the field of media communication,
- specialist in translation studies, translation theory and intercultural communication,
- a specialist who owns the categorical apparatus, vocabulary, terminology in the field of media, economics, business, international cooperation and diplomacy,
- professional translation specialist.
You will have an internship:
at enterprises and firms, banks where they get acquainted with the specifics of future activities;
You will take language internships at partner universities in the countries of the language you are studying on exchange programs:
- South Korea;
- Arab countries of Asia and Africa.
You will work:
- in Embassies and representative offices of foreign countries, as well as in companies where there is a need for specialists with knowledge of foreign languages, banks of companies in Eastern countries
- travel agencies, translation centers, etc.
You get a unique opportunity to study a foreign language in the amount of 12 hours a week (1 and 2 courses), and 10 hours in senior courses
(3 and 4 courses)
Remember: profile subjects - Foreign language + World History