Study Program: 7M02310 - Foreign Philology (Master) 7M023 - Languages and Literature (scientific and pedagogical fields) (2 years of study) provides training for scientific and creative institutions, teachers of higher educational institutions with a degree - Master of Arts. The Program is developed on the basis of the competency-based model of specialist training, which meets the needs of the labor market and the requirements of employers. This model is a description of the key competencies of graduates, their level of preparedness and willingness to perform specific professional functions. Study is Full-time.
The Master's Program is aimed at comprehensive fundamental theoretical training, at deepening the methodological, theoretical and practical knowledge of undergraduates about the basic scientific concepts of modern methodology and the theory of foreign philology, as well as the concept of modern philosophy of education and the forms and methods of scientific knowledge. The program for the training of masters in linguistics and philology (the programs included in the unified scientific and professional educational program for the training of masters in this specialty) is adequate to the meaningful tasks in a comprehensive and integrated manner, designed to implement all three components of the educational process (methodological and conceptual, theoretical and professional, technological and educational). The Program also aims to prepare specialists in demand on the modern labor market with the inclusion of the latest technologies that provide training for undergraduates in the field of foreign philology that meet the modern requirements of foreign language and foreign philological education:
- possessing a broad general scientific horizons, a solid theoretical and methodological base, deep knowledge in the field of philology, comparative and typological linguistics;
- proficient in foreign languages;
- those who are ready to successfully work in the field of inter-linguistic cooperation, as well as independently acquire and use new knowledge and skills in research and practice, expand and deepen their own scientific competence, and carry out research and teaching work in universities and secondary schools. The tasks that determine the structure, content and technology for the training of these specialists are:
- the formation of the theoretical and methodological foundations of professional activity in the field of foreign language education;
- the formation of professionally significant competencies of the Master of Science, a specialist in foreign philology.
The substantive and procedural and technological side of the educational master's program are presented in the form of an innovative professional competency model that reflects the laws of the process of mastering research activities.
Master of foreign philology training involves a specialized specialization in a specific field of activity:
- a) research in scientific and scientific-pedagogical institutions, organizations and units;
- b) pedagogical in the system of secondary (complete) general, secondary vocational and higher professional education;
- c) applied (translation, editorial, expert) in educational institutions, culture, management, media; in the field of linguistic and sociocultural communication and other areas of social and humanitarian activity;
- d) project activities in educational and cultural-educational institutions, literary and literary-art museums, in social-pedagogical, humanitarian-organizational, publishing, mass-media and communication spheres;
- e) organizational and managerial in all of the above areas, including: entrepreneurial activity in the creation and management of a translation agency / pool; work as an international translator in free-lance mode; activities in the advertising departments of firms and companies; activities of web managers in international computer firms and companies.
The main objective of the targeted training of specialists in foreign philology is to satisfy the needs of the labor market in highly qualified, competitive personnel capable of working for the good of their organization.
Targeted training of the philologist is carried out on the basis of the formation of students' knowledge of the principles and tasks of professional requirements.
The tasks of the philologist:
- the use of foreign languages as a means of intercultural communication as part of the entire complex of communicative competence;
- self-improvement and self-control in the field of professional activity, constant expansion of background knowledge and general culture;
- use of theoretical and practical knowledge and skills in professional activities;
improving the level of language proficiency and enriching knowledge in linguistic (linguistic), socio-linguistic, discursive (speech), sociocultural, strategic / compensatory and social spheres.
The university has a large selection of programs, a flexible learning system, much attention is paid to self-preparation for subjects. During the academic year, Masters choose the following Minor subjects:
- Conceptual and theoretical foundations of cognitive linguistics in the theory and practice of IC (intercultural communication);
- Information and analytical support for mass media communications.