Information about the library
Library of the Almaty Pedagogical Institute of foreign languages (currently Kazakh University of international relations and world languages named after Abylay Khan) was organized in 1941 on the basis of the library technical school. The book fund consisted of 20,007 copies, 500 readers, 230 of them students. There were only two people working in the library.
The University library is one of the сentral structural divisions in the chain of the general educational process. It is a necessary link that provides students and faculty with educational, teaching and methodological literature and periodicals.
Currently, the library has about 700 thousand books, has 5 reading rooms equipped with computers with access to domestic and foreign databases, as well as to the Internet.
LIBRARY-INFORMATION CENTER TOGETHER WITH REPRESENTATIVES OF “EXPRESS PUBLISHING” INVITE YOU TO THE ONLINE WEBINAR.
The international educational company "EDUS tream" - the official representative of the international publishing house "Express Publishing" with the aim to provide comprehensive methodological assistance to teachers, invites you to the seminar "Modern resources of the XXI century" of Express Publishing textbooks developed for offline and online learning:
The proposed tutorials take into account the focus on the development of critical and creative thinking, on the formation of functional literacy and communication.
The educational material reflects both the achievements of modern science and technology and culture.
Place of presentation: online, on the platform ZOOM,
Date: 2nd November 2021, at 11.00 in the Nursultan time.
Conference ID: 908 961 1026,
Access Code: 106213.
To participate in the seminar, please provide contact information teachers for the timely provision of active links to the workshop.
Library opening hours:
Monday - Friday from 9 a.m - 6.00 p.m.
Book distribution on Delivery desk from 10.00 a.m. — 5.00 p.m.
Break: 1.00 p.m. — 2.00 p.m.
Day off: Saturday and Sunday
Readers have the right to
• use of all types of library and information services provided by the library for free
• get advice on finding and selecting information sources
• use data from the book and electronic catalogues
• present a library card to receive the book
• take care of books, other printed materials, and library property
• return publications received in the library within the established time limit
The reader is not allowed to:
• enter reading rooms with bags
• break the silence and order in the library premises
• take books out of the library without signing for them
• spoil library publications (make notes in them, underline, tear out the pages, bend the spines, etc.)
• take out cards from card files and catalogues enter office premises and book storage without permission
The library has the right to:
• control over the return of issued books to the library
• charge real market value for damaged or lost publications
The library must:
• provide readers with the opportunity to use all the library's collections
• inform readers about all types of services provided
• promote their funds, to develop and encourage an interest in books; to study and more fully meet the needs of readers
• improve library and information services and promotion of books, using various forms of individual and mass work with readers, as well as introducing automation and innovative information technology
• register, store and use publications in the fund in accordance with the established rules
• be responsible for the preservation of their funds, which are part of the national cultural heritage