In order to perpetuate the memory of the great Kazakh poet, thinker and founder of modern written literature, Abay Kunanbayev, as well as enrich student life and develop cultural exchange, the Faculty of Oriental Studies of KazUIR&WL and the Confucius Institute jointly organized a competition among students “Expressive reading of poems and words of Abai’s edification.” The best students from colleges and higher educational institutions in Almaty are invited to participate in the competition.
Questions related to the competition are listed below:
- Competition time: October 13, 2023, 14:30.
- Venue of the competition: Kazakh University of International Relations and World Languages named after Abylay Khan.
- Students participating in the competition are divided into 2 groups:
Group A includes Kazakh students studying at universities in Almaty.
Group B includes Chinese students studying at universities in Almaty.
- Organization and format of the competition:
1) 2 students from each educational institution can participate in the competition. The procedure for holding the competition is determined by drawing lots.
2) Group A competition program:
First program: individual reading of an excerpt from “Abai’s Poems” in Chinese (duration 2 minutes), the volume must correspond to the material provided by the organizers of the competition;
Second program: reading Abai's poems in Chinese (2 minutes at the choice of participants).
3) Group B competition program:
Reading Abai's poems in Kazakh or Russian (at the participant's choice, 2 minutes)
- Contact information for registration:
Contact person: Ashimbaeva Asem, Kazakh University of International Relations and World Languages named after Ablai Khan, Faculty of Oriental Studies, Department of Translation of Oriental Languages.
Contact number: +7-7016457108