Kazakh Ablai Khan University of International Relations and World Languages in Almaty, Kazakhstan invites applications for temporary faculty positions at the rank of Visiting Lecturer under the VL Program funded by the Ministry of Education of Kazakhstan. Successful candidates will deliver lectures to the graduate students in one of the following fields: International Relations, Teaching Foreign Languages, Economics, Culture Studies, Regional Studies, Intercultural Communication and Management, Public Administration, Journalism, Marketing, Tourism, Foreign Philology, Oriental Studies, International Law, or Translation Studies.
Duties include but not limited to:
- Delivering lectures to graduate students
- One to one advice on particular pieces of dissertations
- Course design
- Lecture/seminar planning
- Marking assessed work
- Consulting on/undertaking joint research projects
- Presenting research at conferences or round table discussions
The lecturer comes for at least 2-week period. Ablai Khan University covers travel expenses, visa fees and accommodation costs. Visiting lecturers are paid on an hourly basis; the amount will be negotiated with candidates personally.
- holding a PhD in the related field
- affiliated to a University outside Kazakhstan
- fluent English